Local Academy Boards are being merged with the Standards Committee from the 1st of September 2020. Please see the following webpage for more information.
The information below applies until the 31st August 2020.
The Directors of the GEMS Learning Trust have established a Local Academy Board at GEMS Didcot Primary Academy. Members of this board play a key role in supporting the Board of Directors to fulfil their statutory, contractual and regulatory duties of governance to ensure that the Academy fulfils the needs and expectations of parents, children and the community.
The Local Academy Boards have the following functions:
- To receive constitutional matters from the Trustees
- To review and approve policies in accordance with the policy review cycle as delegated by the Trustees.
- To engage with stakeholders; pupils, staff, parents/carers and the community
- To monitor the effectiveness of the complaints policy and procedures; provide one or more representative the Trust on a complaints panel
- To ensure that each Academy meets legal requirements to publish information online
When undertaking school inspections, Ofsted inspectors will wish to see evidence of the impact of both the Board and the LAB on improving school standards and often wish to meet with representatives of the LAB.
Get in touch
If you would like to contact a member of the LAB please send an email to the address below:
More details can be found in the LAB Handbook